Learn all about vegetable with these vegetable flashcards. Bright and colorful flashcards for kids in preschool, kindergarten, and elementary school!
Each card features a real life image of a vegetable along with the common name of the vegetable.
A total of 24 flashcards to print off an use with your little ones!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
I like to provide my readers with ideas for how to use these with their kids. To skip ahead to the download, simply use the table of contents below.
24 Common Vegetables
Kids can learn to identify each vegetable from the real life photograph on the flashcard. Bright and colorful designs to make learning about this food group fun!
- Elementary Aged Kids
You can use these printable veggie cards with a wide range of kids. Kids can learn the name of the vegetable and identify each one based on the image.
A fun activity is to secure a magnet to the back of the card. Then you can use them on a metal surface such as a magnet board or refrigerator.
Skills to Practice
- Food Groups
Flashcards are great as hands-on manipulatives when exploring different topics. Kids can sort them into groups based on common characteristics.
For these vegetable cards little ones can move around the cards using their hands. Then sort them by:
- Color- a pile for purple ones, green, orange, and even purple
- Letter- the first letter of their name or beginning letter sound
- Part of the plant: root, leaves, seeds, stem, etc.
- Vegetables they have tried verses ones they have never eaten before!
- Ones that they grow in their vegetable garden
If doing a unit study about foods, you can even display these cards. Each flashcard can be hung by a clothespin along a line or even just prompted up at a work station.
- Plant a few vegetables from seed and watch them grow! Kids would love watching these colorful veggies grow from seeds along with these classic vegetables!
- Read a great book about vegetables such as How Seeds Grow or The Vegetables we Eat
- Try a vegetable you have never tried before!
I love how you can use these cards as jumping off points for rich discussions. You never know what will catch your child's interest when exploring new topics.
These printables were created by Nature Inspired Learning and are for personal use only for your home, classroom, or public library. All of these free printable vegetable flashcards are for non-commercial use. See full disclosure.
- 24 colorful flashcards with a real life picture of each vegetables
- PDF download which means no physical copy will be sent
- As soon as you download the set, you can print them off and use them right away!