This free printable butterfly bingo game is perfect for adults and kids of all ages! Each unique bingo card features colorful butterfly designs.
There is something magical about butterflies. They are one of most well loved insects and for good reason!
Fluttering through the air as they visit different flowers. It is hard not to love butterflies!
Here on the blog, I have a whole collection of butterfly themed activities.
Reader favorites include:
I am so excited to share this free printable game with you!
12 Unique BINGO cards along with a set of calling cards.
A fun game to go along with a butterfly unit study. Or just a cheerful game to play during the warm spring and summer months.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Directions for how to access a digital version of the butterfly bingo game can be found at the bottom of this post.
- 6 years old and up
- great for kids, teens, and adults
If your preschool or kindergartner is ready to play, then this would also be a great game for them.
While I think your kids will LOVE this game, young learners can quickly become frustrated and overwhelmed if a game is too challenging for them.
If you are homeschooling or using this with kids of multiple ages, they can always pair up with another child until they are ready to play on their own.
Skills to Practice
- Making Observations
- Comparing and Contrasting
- Fine Motor Skills
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
BINGO games are a fun way for kids of all ages to practice a wide range of skills. From communication and working together to problem solving.
Best part- games are fun and engaging!
If you are looking for a new activity for your butterfly unit, give this game a try.
While your kids play, they will practice making observations. They can ask questions about the different colors, shapes, and patterns as they try to find the correct butterfly.
Questions about wing shape, color, and markings on the butterflies can all be asked as they play.
In a group setting, players can even help one another find the correct butterfly on their bingo cards. A great way to practice working as a team to solve a problem.
- Paper- plain printer paper or cardstock
- Scissors - for cutting out calling cards
- Bingo Chips - glass stones, clear plastic chips, or even dry erase markers if you laminate the cards
- Protectors (optional)- laminator or clear plastic sleeves to keep cards looking nice for multiple uses
- Folder (optional) - to store bingo cards when not in use
- Small Bag (optional) - for storing calling cards when not in use
How to Play
- Cut out the calling cards
- Place calling cards into a bowl
- Pass out one bingo sheet per player
- Pick a calling card at random
- Describe the butterfly on the card including wing shape, color, and unique patterns
- Players look for the butterfly on their bingo card
- Use a marker to cross off the butterfly if it is on your card
- Shout BINGO once you cross off five in a row
Five in a row either up and down the board, side to side, or diagonal from one corner to the next.
Fun variations include:
- 4 corners
- The Perimeter
- Butterfly Shape
This game includes real images of butterflies along with colorful clipart. Describing the look of the butterfly along with the name of the butterfly is helpful for players.
- Pair up players if playing with a group larger than twelve
- Have young children work with older kids until they are ready to play independently
If available, you can even project the image of the calling card by using an overhead projector.
Now, that is not always an option, but they are an awesome tool to use if you have one available to you!
Interested in learning more about these beautiful insects? Check out these additional activities.
The best part is all of these activities can be done outside while observing butterflies in their natural habitat!
These printables were created by Nature Inspired Learning and are for personal use only for your home, classroom, or public library. All of these free Butterfly Bingo cards are for non-commercial use. See full disclosure. Have questions, send me an email at julie (at) natureinspiredlearning (dot) com
Butterfly BINGO Game
- 12 Unique Bingo Cards
- 1 Set of Calling Cards
I hope you and your kids have hours of fun playing this BINGO game together.