These free coral coloring pages are perfect for kids of all ages! Unique designs featuring coral, coral reefs, and coral reef ecosystems.
If you are learning about coral reefs with your kids these coloring sheets are for you!
Did you know coral are living things? These marine animals need salty ocean water to survive.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
How to Print
- Click the button below the image for a pdf version of the sheet
- Each design fits a standard 8 ½ by 11 inch piece of paper
Coloring is a great way for kids to practice fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Young children love using watercolor paint, large crayons, and markers to color.
Pictures of Coral to Color
These first coloring sheets feature simple images of coral. Pair these sheets with a book about coral reefs and color the images to look like real life corals.
Fun Fact: there are many different species of coral found in a coral reef. Most corals live in colonies and are made up of individual polyps.
Up next are a few education coral coloring pages for kids. Below the image is room for your kids to color in the word Coral written in outline form. Then, on the lines they can practice writing letters and words.
More Coloring Pages: Hammerhead Sharks
Young children in preschool, kindergarten, and elementary school will enjoy coloring in these pages!
Color Reef Coloring Pages
You can't learn about coral without exploring coral reef ecosystems with your kids. These beautiful places are known to support a large diversity of ocean life.
Each of these free coral reef coloring sheets have multiple images of corals for your kids to color. Ocean life including tropical fish, sea turtles, sea stars, and crabs can be spotted on theses printables.
Coral reefs support a wide variety of wildlife. One of the most famous coral reefs is the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia.
Exploring and learning about these diverse ecosystems is perfect for kids. Pair these sheets with a few additional activities to extend their learning.
Books about Coral for Kids
- Local libraries carry a wide range of books about coral reefs. A few favorites include: Coral Reefs by Gail Gibbons and the National Geographic Reader: Coral Reefs
- You can find an entire Coral Reef booklist hand picked for kids
- 20 ocean flashcards you can print and use with your kids. Each one features natural ocean life including: seaweed, shells, and a whale.
Ocean Scavenger Hunt
- You don't have to live by a coral reef to explore all of the beauty of the ocean. Head to the coast and explore natural items found at your local beach.
These free printables were created by Nature Inspired Learning and are for personal use only for your home, classroom, or public library. All of these free coral reef coloring sheets are for non-commercial use. See full disclosure. Have questions, send me an email at julie (at) natureinspiredlearning (dot) com