Explore outer space with this printable solar system bingo game. A fun activity to add to a space unit study!
This free space bingo includes a set of 8 bingo cards with calling cards. Once you print it off you can start playing it right away with your kids.
Designed with young learners in mind. This game is great for little ones in preschool, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Skills to Practice
- Fine Motor Skills
- Identifying Patterns
- Planet Identification
- Space Vocabulary
Not only are bingo games a great way to practice a wide range of skills, but they are so much fun! I love including at least a few hands-on activities and games when exploring new topics with kids.
Each picture accurately represents each planet in our solar system.
It would be fun for your child to describe the different colors and features of each of the planets.
As they play, your child will practice new vocabulary, fine motor skills, and even communication.
Solar System Objects
- Asteroid Belt
- Kuiper Belt
- Space Shuttle
This bingo game includes all of the planets in our solar system along with the sun, asteroid belt, and Kuiper belt. Kids can also identify a telescope, space shuttle, and astronaut!
How to Play
- Hand out one bingo card per person
- Mix up the calling cards
- Decide on the winning pattern
- Pick a calling card at random then describe the item
- Players mark off that item if they have it on their board
- Keeping selecting calling cards and marking off items until a player has the winning pattern
- Players shout "bingo" or "space" once they have the winning pattern
- Clear all the boards then play again!
Bingo Markers- you can use a variety of objects as bingo markers including rocks, clear bingo chips, and even cute mini erasers.
Winning Bingo Patterns- three in a row vertically, horizontally, or diagonal along with around the perimeter, an X shape, or even covering every square on the card.
Up on the blog I have additional space themed activities for kids in preschool through elementary. From coloring pages to printable flashcards, you can find educational activities to do with your child.
If you are looking to learn more about each planet in the solar system, these books are great resources for kids!
- Planets and the Solar System Board Book - great for ages 3 to 6
- The Ultimate Book of Space - for ages preschool and up!
These printables were created by Nature Inspired Learning and are for personal use only for your home, classroom, or public library. All of these free solar system bingo cards are for non-commercial use. See full disclosure.
- Set of 8 bingo cards with calling cards
- PDF downloadable bingo game which means no physical copy will be sent
- Once you print, you can start playing right away!